Become a real e-tailer in one of the fastest growing technology niche ever!
After being initially adopted by cops, taxis and trucks drivers (and Russians), the dash cam craze has now gone mainstream and more and more people everywhere install one in their vehicle. This is done for safety, insurance, fun and other reasons (one being the low price, considering that with very little money you get a device that starts recording automatically when you get into the car and keeps recording everything for hours). Still plenty of room to make decent conversions though, in fact, if you check Amazon’s bestsellers, the #1 dash cam only costs $14, but #2 and #3 cost $140…$170. Amazon have them under specific categories (on-dash, in-mirror etc.), exactly as we have done with the site. You can add as many products as you want thanks to the Amazon affiliate plugin installed (a perfect match with the e-commerce plugin which is WooCommerce). However with this particular site we’ve saved you some work since it comes with a huge inventory of over 200 products! Layout and functionality are relatively similar to our recent ‘Drones‘ site (another very hot new niche, it’d be a perfect sister site to this one).
With this website you can become a super Amazon affiliate just like profitable websites such as thisiswhyimbroke.com and dudeiwantthat.com, but instead of useless cheap gadgets you will be promoting specific high-interest technology (hot) devices.
Obviously since our site uses a real shopping cart you could sell physical products (directly or via dropshipping) rather than monetize from affiliate commissions (very few changes would be required).
Every aspect of the relatively complex homepage can be easily customized (via shortcodes, no coding required), including the full-width video header (with fallout image).
Those who know WooCommerce will appreciate how it’s been perfectly integrated and pruned of its usual quirks (all WooCommerce sites generally look the same, especially in single product and cart view). The Amazon plugin allows to import products by browsing Amazon categories from within the plugin (you can search by best sellers, price, keywords, browsenodes etc.) or – which we recommend – simply by pasting Amazon ASINs in an import box. So basically if you want (as said there are over 200 products already) you will be visiting Amazon every few weeks to see if any new models have hit the market (or perform a search via the plugin), in this case adding them is just a one-click thing. Features list:
- e-commerce works with either affiliate products (Amazon sells and ships, you get a commission) OR even with real physical products (sold and shipped by you).
- on-site shopping cart, get commissions for multiple items at once! Ajax cart in the menu!
- 90-days Amazon cookie instead of 24-hours – earning potential fully maximized. Remember if visitors end up buying a watch instead of a ‘dashcam’ you still make the commission… they got your cookie for 90-days!
- create your store like a real store: you can pick any products you want!
- unique features such as: – product variations – images galleries with lightbox – related products – possible wishlists will greatly enhance your visitors’ shopping experience.
- Cron to keep your inventory up-to-date automatically.
- works with Amazon USA, UK, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, China, Italy, Spain and India.
- people love and trust Amazon and will love the site easy-checkout. No need to enter credit card and address details. Many real big e-tailers use Amazon checkout.
- no extra expenses: you get the full site, content, plugins etc.
Requirements: if you do NOT host with us make sure SOAP and cURL extensions are installed/enabled on your server (most hosts including ourselves install these by default but ask yours if in doubt because a few don’t).